1. What should I do if I am struggling in class?
- Ask a friend
- Send Ms. Walczak an email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Come in for Enrichment or after school to get help from Ms. Walczak
- Look for a video that could help you (try Khan Academy)
- DO NOT GIVE UP!!!
2. How do I retake a quiz?
You will need to correct your original quiz, and then take a new version of the quiz. You must make arrangements with Ms. Walczak before doing any of this.
3. What is my math homework?
You will rarely be required to be doing any practice at home. The only homework that will be assigned will be to get signatures on progress reports, a few reflections on Google Classroom, and to study. If you’d like extra practice, there is MathXL, DeltaMath, or other practice materials. Ask Ms. Walczak if you’d like some more practice!
4. How should I study for assessments?
The best way to study is to practice with problems you have not done before. There are extra practice problems in MathXL and DeltaMath, and Ms. Walczak can give you extra practice if you ask. You will get a study guide for every assessment. The study guides will be a mirrored version of the assessment. Study guides are not required, but are highly highly highly recommended.
5. What can I do to bring my grade up?
Retaking quizzes is the best way to raise your grade. If you have any missing assignments, you can talk to Ms. Walczak about making them up.